Archiving & Publishing
Especially in the area of log term preserving of data there is a large need for data and information libraries (repositories).
SD DataSolutions GmbH was founded as a spin-off from MARUM, University of Bremen, one of the operating institutions of PANGAEA - Data Publisher for Earth & Environmental Science. We have strong experience in the area of scientific publishing, including data preservation. We have close contacts to large scientific publishers.
Cross referencing between scientific articles and the corresponding (supplementary) data is an important factor for modern scientific work.
SD DataSolutions GmbH offers consulting to interested scientific publishers and data libraries to improve cross-linking of data and literature.
- Libraries, governmental institutions, universities
- Scientific publishers: Elsevier, Springer, Wiley & Blackwell, Taylor & Francis, Nature Publishing Group, Copernicus, Thomson Reuters
- Data libraries like: PANGAEA - Data Publisher for Earth & Environmental Science
- System architectures: Datenbank-Design,
- Editorial Systems
- Ticket Systems
- Dissemination services: OAI-PMH, OGC-Services,
- Information standards: Dublin Core, library standards (MARC, PICA,…), ISO19xxx series
- Visualization & Geomapping: Plotting (FLOT, u.a.), Google Maps, Google Earth, KML, OGC
- RDBMS: Sybase ASE, MySQL, PostgreSQL, ACI 4D
- Data Warehousing: Sybase IQ
- Full text search on the metadata and data
If you are interested in support about archiving and publishing, please visit our services page.